Another blog post! I am determined to get my writing mojo back, and luckily Ginger is helping me do it! Since I had such a good time writing about movies last week, it’s television for this week.
First of all, thanks everyone who is still reading (and HIIII to new friends). I had so much fun reading your comments on my movie post. Every time I got a new one I was like, “How could I forget to put _______ on my list!” You all clearly have excellent taste in movies.
So, onto television. I love tv, and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I like to watch all of the shows, so making a top 10 list would be difficult. Instead, I’ve decided to go with the “What if I could only watch 5 shows for the rest of my life” approach. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Gilmore Girls — I didn’t watch this when it was on the air, but stumbled upon in randomly about 6 or 7 years ago. I became addicted. It wasn’t long before I owned the entire collection, and when I’d watched all seven seasons, I started the first one over again. It’s actually very rare for me to go to sleep without having an episode of Gilmore Girls on in the background. Luckily, Ted enjoys it too. We often text random Gilmore Girls quotes to each other.
- Buffy — Yes, the vampire slayer. I think I only watched the first season or two when they were on the air, but came back and watched the rest later on. And now I own all seven seasons. Yes, it’s campy and the special effects are kind of lame, but it’s also some seriously good television. ”Hush”? That episode is both genius and creepy as all get out.
- The West Wing — Here’s another show I didn’t watch when it was on the air. Ted and I rented it from Netflix, and became instantly hooked. One night we opened up a new disk from Netflix only to discover that we’d been sent the wrong disc. Quelle nightmare! So, off we ran to the store to buy the current season…and maybe all of the other seasons as well. What can I say? We love TV on DVD. I have never regretted that purchase. West Wing is quite likely the most perfect television drama in existence.
- Sex and the City — This was actually my first collection of TV on DVD. I rented them in college and was hooked. Then, I saved up my money from my first real job to buy each season. It’s not the greatest show ever, but every time I re-watch it, I find something else to love.
- Friends — Do I even need to say anything here? No. It’s like a cow’s opinion.
Because I really do love television so much, I’d like to give a couple of shows an honorable mention:
- Bones — Great cast, yummy David Boreanaz, gross, but interesting science.
- How I Met Your Mother — Simply hilarious.
- Pretty Little Liars — My guilty pleasure show. I love that nonsense.
So, there you have it. What five shows would you choose to be the only television you ever watch?